Monday, December 10, 2007

Acoustic: Jeff Buckley

Just in case I haven't said this enough times on this blog: This man is so fucking talented. I went digging for some acoustic versions of Jeff Buckley's work this afternoon, and here's the two best tracks I found during the short amount of time I had. The first is "Last Goodbye"-- this version is a little more alternative and less "radio friendly"-sounding than the album version, and it's a sound that works extremely well for the song. The second is "Lover You Should Have Come Over", a version that's a little quieter but still packs just as much intensity as the original. I always thought that the album version of LYSHCO was his best song, even beating his cover of "Hallelujah". I can't believe that dozens of artists aren't lineing up to cover "You Should Have Come Over" the same way dozens of artists lined up to cover "Hallelujah".



No comments: